Awards / Honours
Red rice farmers of Rohru get award
Palampur, November 11
Red rice farmers of Rohru received Rs. 10 lakh Plant Genome Saviour Award from Union Agriculture Minister Narinder Singh Tomar at a function held in New Delhi.
Varsha Sharma, Pradhan, Leela Vati, Dipna Mehta sent the Red Rice Farmers Society and Dr. Ajai Srivatava, Scientist In-charge Rice and Wheat Research Centre, Malan, and Ram Krishan, Subject Matter Specialist (SMS), Jubbal were present to receive the award worth Rs. 10 lakh, a citation and a memento.
Prof H. K. Choudhary, Vice Chancellor, CSK Himachal Pradesh Agriculture University, conveyed his greetings to the farmers and appreciated the efforts of the University scientists to extend technical support to the farmers to bag the award.
He said this is India’s highest award for the farmers, given in recognition of their contribution in conserving and developing plant varieties. The Vice Chancellor assured the farming community of extending all assistance, guidance and support in such endeavours in the coming times too.
Ř Patents awarded:
National and International Visitors to the Centre (2017-19)
· Prof Ian Phillip King, Director WRC and Dr Jaswant Singh, Nottingham (UK) on 1-4-2018
· Dr. M.S.Saharan, Principal Scientist (Plant Pathology), IARI New Delhi on 13.09.2017.
· Dr Ashwani Kumar, Librarian CSK HPKV Palampur on 13-9-2017 and 7-3-2018
· SDM, Nagrota Bagwan on 14-7-2017
· Dr M C Kharakwal Retd Geneticist IARI New Delhi on 13-9-2017
· Dr LV Subba Rao, PS, A P Padmanabhan , PS Entomology, Jawahar Lal Katara Scientist, Biotechnology on 21& 22 Sept 2017 (AICRP Rice monitoring Team, IIRR,Hyderabad)
· Dr N K Gupta, Director, HPSS&OPCA, Shimla on 27-9-2017
· Dr G P Singh Director IIWBR, Karnal and Dr Ravish Chatrath on 25-11-2017
· Dr Sukhwinder Singh ,CIMMYT Mexico on March 7, 2018
· Director, IIRS, Dehradun on 7-4-2018
· Dr D P Walia, Dr Dibakar Mahanta, Dr Sudhir, Dr Lokender Kumar on 12-4-2018 ( AICRP Wheat Monitoring Team, IIWBR, Karnal)
· Dr S. Jambhulkar, BARC, in June- July, 2018
· Dr Sanjay Marwaha, Director HPSS&OPCA, Shimla on 27.07.2018
· Dr Desh Raj, Director of Agriculture, Himachal Pradesh, September, 2018
· Rice monitoring team visited on 20.09.20
· Dr G.S. Katti, Head Plant Protection IIRR, Hyderabad on 5.10.2018
· Dr Sanjay Marwaha, Director HPSS&OPCA, Shimla on 8-10-2018
· Hon’ble Vice-Chancelloer, Prof A. K. Sarial visited on 30.11.18
· AICRP (Wheat & Barley) monitoring team visited on 11.04.2019
· AICRP (Rice) monitoring team visited 28.09.2019
· DR Yog Raj, Asia Head and Dr P. N. Singh from Bayer visited on 03.10.2019