· Farmers visiting the Department for disease investigation and consultation are educated for preventions and control of diseases in livestock and poultry.
· Farmers visiting the Vet-Fairs and Kisan Melas and other gatherings are given demonstrations on the diseases of animals and advised about improved management practices for prevention and control of diseases.
· TV-Programs / Radio Talks are also delivered for the purpose.
· Continuing Veterinary Education (CVE) programs are conducted or specialized lectures are delivered in CVE programs.
· Lectures are delivered by the faculty in training programs, campus short duration farmers training courses organized by the Department of Veterinary Pathology/COVAS/ Directorate of Extension Education, CSK HPKV Palampur or any organization for the information of the farmers.
· Individual Consultations: Farmers are provided individual consultations during their visit to the Department for disease investigation while faculty of the department attending to the disease outbreaks provide on the spot diagnosis and treatment support.
· Faculty of the department regularly provides diagnostic support to Veterinary Clinics, Veterinary Hospitals, Government Livestock and Poultry Farms, Zoos etc.