· About us
Prof H.K. Chaudhary, Head Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding assumed the office of Vice-Chancellor, Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur on August 22, 2020. Proud moment for the department, which was led by his esteemed leadership for more than eight years.
Hon'ble Vice-Chancellor has advised the students to take advantage of the expertise of the faculty and create innovations in modern spheres by utilizing the existing high-tech infrastructural facilities in the Department and desired a conceptual note from the PG students regarding their vision for future priorities and prospects in plant breeding so as to accelerate the on-going breeding efforts with high precision.
Padam Shree & World Food Prize Laureate Prof. G.S. Khush, Vice-Chancellor CSK HPKV Prof. A.K. Sarial and Dean COA & Director of Extension Education CSK HPKV Prof. P.K. Mehta visited the Department of Crop Improvement on 28th March, 2017.
Prof. A.K. Sarial, Hon'ble Vice-Chancellor alongwith Dean College of Agriculture Dr. P.K. Mehta and other statutory officers made his first Departmental visit to the Deptt of Crop Improvement on 18.08.2016 and interacted with the faculty & students while Prof HK Chaudhary, HoD presented the on-going activities & the road map for accelerating the production & productivity levels of varied hill crops of the State.
· Efficient technology & Expertise for crop improvement
· High- tech Molecular Cytogenetics & Tissue Culture Lab providing facilities for cutting edge research in innovative spheres
· Opened new horizon in the sphere of Doubled Haploidy Breeding & Chromosome Engineering and taking in this area amongst all the agricultural Universities and ICAR institutes of the country
· Multilocational and Niche based evaluation facility at various Research Centres in the entire State & Off season facilities at the centres located in the tribal areas
· Addressing the crop varietal development issues in a systematic manner covering varied agroclimatic regions of the Hill State
· Established linkages with world renowned Labs
· Extending facilities and high- tech expertise to other Institutions/ Universities
· Attracting fellowships and adhoc projects from various national and international agencies
· Recognition of the work at national and international fora
· Placement of students in reputed Institutes/Universities/MNCs